Thursday, June 24, 2010

Penang tri - Day 1 in Georgetown, Penang (Part1): Heng Huat aka Lorong Selamat Char Kuay Teow

All of my days, I would like to write something about Penang food. It was so excited when I was invited to my sister’s wedding In Penang. I grabbed the chance to realize my wishes, listed out the food and restaurant which I want to explore, hahah, have a sweet dream on that night.

The 1st stall I have explored is a famous char kuay teow stall, which located at Lorong Selamat. How famous she is, it can be told from how crowded the shop is. According to local, there are a lot of patrons from Kuala Lumpur during weekend, and it takes a long time to have a plate of char kuay teow. Therefore, it is allowed to order food from the other shop while you waiting char kuay teow (mentioned in the sighboard), what a thoughtful boss ^^.


Do you notice that the boss is using charcoal instead of gas? She is famous with her charcoal char kuay teow and her signature red hat.



This is what I ordered, spicy big prawn char kuay teow, RM8. Must try!!
Every time when I saw this photo, my mouth will full of saliva. So hungry as I still can feel the hot spicy kuay teow is dancing on the tongue, the sweetness of clam, the springy prawn, the egg's aroma...

PS: Please order some snack when you are waiting for your char kuay teow, before you have swallowed your tongue. I have ordered oyster omelette from the other shop.

Satisfied, when my meal is completed with dessert - ice cream ice kacang

Kafe Heng Huat 108 Lorong Selamat Penang
GPS Coordinates: N 5 25′ 02.0″ E 100 19′ 29.7″

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good blog! You see, we have this food site Foodista.com (http://www.foodista.com) that is a food and cooking encyclopedia that everyone and anyone can edit. Maybe you are interested in sharing some of recipes to us or share your knowledge about food stuffs and techniques, Or maybe you just like to write reviews about food, wines, restaurant and recipes...why don't you visit us sometimes.

    I hope to see you there.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 怡潔, 谢谢关心。

    Christine,
    Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I have visited Foodista.com, surely will visit again :)

    ReplyDelete