Com1chef.com Exclusive Magimix provider in Asia

Saturday, August 21, 2010

My recipe: Steamed chicken wing with salted egg

Since I was busy in preparing my exam, I didn’t cook for quite a long time. This is the first dish I would like to share with you – as it is a simple and delightful dish. I must admit the idea for this dish came from one of the contestant of a Singapore cooking show (Wonder Chef, 我要当食神) – when I saw him make it on TV it left quite an impression. I don’t have the original recipe, so this recipe is the result after testing and trying, hope that you will be inspired and create yours too.



Ingredients:

8 chicken wings mid section (you can use wing drumette too)
1 salted egg
3 heaped tbsp shredded ginger (depends on your preference, but more is better)
3 heaped tbsp shredded garlic (depends on your preference, but more is better)
Bundle of coriander, cut it to ½ inch
1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine
½ tbsp of sesame oil
½ tsp of soy sauce
Pinch of salt and pepper (control the amount of salt as you have salted egg)

Marinate the chicken wings with sesame oil, soy sauce and pepper for 15 minutes. Put the salted egg yolk in the centre of the chicken wings.

Put all the gingers and garlic on top of the chicken wings.

Follow by putting coriander stem on top of the garlic and ginger.

Pour in the Chinese cooking wine and salted egg white evenly, and steam for 15 minutes over medium flame.

Dang! Put the rest of the coriander and serve it in hot.

This is a rather soupy dish, so I can enjoy the soup while I am enjoying the chicken wings. Remember having the chicken wing with all the ingredients (like garlic, ginger, and coriander) especially the salted egg yolk, as it enhances the chicken wings.

13 comments:

  1. I love this! The coriander and ginger. I like the whites of salted eggs...this must be terrific on some steamed white jasmine rice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting. I've never seen another recipe quite like it. With all of the garlic, ginger, and coriander I bet it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit steaming chicken is not usually my first option but I really like what you did here. I bet the sauce that you created from steaming was delicious with the infusion from the ginger, coriander and garlic. I like salted egg, too, so this is a winner for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting and easy to prepare, looks yummy...

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will surely love this dish. Chicken wings are my favorite part of the chicken, and the addition of the ginger and the coriander, great. Your post is timing, I just made my own salted eggs. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Belinda, yes yummy, they are perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kathdedon & PALATABLE, great that you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lemonsandanchovies, this steamed dish would not disappoint you, the taste and tenderness of the chicken will not lose to any other cooking methods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cook with Madin, you made own salted eggs? How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a combo of interesting flavors. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol, you are right. Each of them is independently attractive, but when they are together, it is such a perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmm mysimplefood, you can put 2 egg yolks instead :)

    ReplyDelete